Iskcon Temple in Guwahati
The Iskcon temple is situated at Ulubari, Guwahati in Assam. The presiding deity of the temple is Radha-Krishna. The Iskcon Temple belongs to the Iskcon Society founded by Abhay Charanaravinda Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada.
Worship at ISKCON Temple
The temple premises reverberates with the of the holy names of Lord Krishna. There is also Bhagavad Geeta class during which philosophy is discussed and which preaches that the goal of life is to develop love of Lord Krishna. The teachings realize the importance of Bhakti yoga. Hare Krishna devotees worship saint Chaitanya Mahaprabhu as an incarnation of Lord Krishna and Iskcon is a vibrant continuation of the spiritual movement of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.
Festivals at ISKCON Temple
During the Janamastami festival lots of programmes and competition are conducted for about a week. During this festival security is tightened in and around the temple area as many VVIPs visit the temple on this occasion.
Some of the important highlights of the Temple are:
- The Iskcon Temple over the years have attracted large number of people and has become the must visit tourist spot in Guwahati.
- The structure of the temple is pure white with marble flooring.
- One of the great attractions of the temple is the mahaprasadam and mid day meal at 1:30 pm. is also served at the temple.
- Guest House accommodation arrangements are also available for the overnight travelers in the temple.
- As the temple is located at the hill top, older people and persons with physical disability may find it difficult to reach the temple premises.
How to reach Iskcon Temple
City buses are easily available and one can board a City Bus no.1 from the railway station in Paltanbazar and get down at the Ulubrai Bus stop. From the Ulubari bus stop one can hire auto rickshaw to reach the temple. As auto rickshaw services are easily accessible one can hire an auto from the railway station to reach the temple.
Mount Hare Krishna
South Sarania, Ulubari Chariali ,Guwahati (ASSAM)
Ph: +91 9864093286 (M), 0361- 2525963 (O)
To book guest house : 0361-2464645