Guwahati to Shillong by roadShillong with Guwahati is well connected by the National Highway 40, an all-weather road. Guwahati to Shillong by road is a famous road trip as the road trip is widely preferred by adventurers and travel buffs.
Furthermore, Guwahati to Shillong by road is an exciting experience as the route feature the scenic beauty of the northeast with hills and greenery all around.
Guwahati To Shillong - Transport Details
Assam State Transport Corporation (ASTC) operates bus services from Shillong to Guwahati and vice - versa from 0600 hours to 1700 hours everday.Bus Fares: Rs 100 – Rs 150 (approx) per person.
Tata Sumo Taxis, shared Tourist Taxis, Tourist coaches are also available easily for travel between Shillong to Guwahati and vice-versa.
Tata Sumo fares: Rs 150 - Rs 300 (approx) per person.
Tourist taxi fares: Rs 300 – Rs 500 (approx) per person.
One can also hire tourist taxis from Guwahati to reach Shillong.Taxi fare: Rs: 1400 - Rs 2000 (approx)
Time of Journey: 2hrs 30 mins (approx)
Guwahati to Shillong – Detailed Driving Directions
- On M.G. Road Head northeast - 46 mMove towards A T Road and take the 2nd right -0.7 km
- Take a left turn at A T Road (on the left in 0.3 m, pass by Indian Oil Petrol Pump) - 0.8 km
- Take a right turn at GS Road (on the right pass by Hotel tripti) - 0.7 km
- Continue till you reach Ulubari Flyover (on the left Pass by Assam State Transport Corporation Workshop) - 0.5 km
- Continue till you reach GS Road (on the right in 1.7 m, pass by Petrol Pump) - 8.7 km
- Take the 1st exit onto NH 37, at the roundabout. (towards the right in 3.1 m, pass by NRL Petrol Pump) - 6.7 km
- At Jorabat, continue till you reach NH 40 (on the right in 18.0 m, pass by Football Field) - 61.2 km
- Take a right turn to stay on NH 40 (on the left in 8.4 m, pass by Petrol Pump) - 15.2 km
- Take a left turn to stay on NH40 - 0.4 km
- Take a left turn right to stay on NH40 (on the left, pass by Shillong Veterinary Hoispital) - 0.5 km
- Take a left turn at Yellow Cub Service (Sumo) - 0.4 km
- Take Slight right (Your destination will be on the left) - 0.7kms
Guwahati to Shillong - Restaurants
On your way, you can stop and refresh yourself in any of the following restaurants:
- Mexitthachi Restaurants, Hotel Nandan, Paltan Bazar, Guwahati.
- KFC Restaurant, Lachitnagar, Guwahati
- City Dhaba, Bhangagarh, Guwahati.
- Recipies, Super market, Guwahati
- Dispur Dhaba, Dispur , Guwahati
- Greenwood Resort, Khanapara, Guwahati.
- Makhan bhog, Byrnihat, Meghalaya.
- Woodland Restaurant, Nongpoh.
- La Galerie, Police bazaar, Hotel Centrepoint, Shillong.
- City Hut Family Dhaba , Police Bazar.
- Ginger Restaurant, Hotel Polo Towers Shillong.
- Munchies , Laitumkhrah, Shillong
Places to visit in Shillong
- Shillong Peak
- Elephant Falls
- Butterfly Museum
- Cathedral of Mary help of Christians
- Golf Course
- Don Bosco Centre for Indigenous Culture
- Lady Hydari Park
- Umiam Lake
- Police Bazar
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0