Disaster Management, Assam
Every state has a proper disaster management authority to deal with any disaster befalling in the state. Assam has the Assam State Disaster Management Authority which is responsible for dealing with any disaster occurring in the state. The authority is responsible for prevention and preparedness in case of any disaster.
- Do not walk through flowing water during flood.
- Do not drive through flowing water during flood.
- Move to an open area during the time of an earthquake.
- Stay under cover till an earthquake stops.
- Do not use lift and instead take stairs during an earthquake.
- While driving move to the side of the road, stop and jump out of the car during earthquake.
The following things should be kept handy for dealing with emergencies.
- Fire extinguisher
- First aid kits and Medicines.
- Pipe pullers to turn off gas and water supplies.
- Water and food for 2-3 days.
In case of any disaster one can contact on the following numbers provided by the Assam State Disaster Management Authority.
Phone number of revenue and disaster management department (Assam)
State Control Room: 1070 (Add the STD code while calling from other places)
District Control Room: 1077 (Add the STD code while calling from other places)
Guwahati Medical College and Hospital: 0361- 2529457/2529561
Mahendra Mohan Chaudhry Hospital: 0361- 2541477/2543998
Down Town Hospital: 0361- 2336906/2331003
GNRC: 0361- 2227700
Shankardeva Netralaya: 0361-2228879/2305516
Downtown Hospital: 2336911/2331003/2336906
Guwahati Medical College: 2560457
Police Control Room 100
Fire Service 101
Panbazar Fire brigade: 0361-2540222
Dispur fire brigade: 0361-2260221
Red Cross: 2665114
For more information click
- SHARE THIS
- TWEET THIS
- SHARE THIS
- LOVE THIS 0